Find Your Future Wife from Korea
You may have a love-hate relationship with K-pop and always pick Apple over Samsung, but you have to admit South Korea is an economic wonder. Yet so few driven and fun-loving Koreans found their home in the US, accounting for less than 1% of the US population. And while thousands of Koreans visit the US every year, only 130 received K-1 visas1 to marry Americans in 2022.
If you’re intrigued by South Korean society, cuisine, and history, a Korean bride could be the missing piece in your life. And in this post, we’ll share our research and insights into dating Korean women.
|Top cities with Korean brides||Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Daegu, Jeju|
|Average cost of a Korean bride||From $4,300|
|Median brides’ age||31.1 years old|
|Best Korean mail order bride service|
|Best Korean dating site|
What are Korean women like?
For some reason, Americans can rarely tell South Korean women apart from their Japanese or Chinese counterparts (let alone North Korean brides). So, while we won’t try to describe a thriving nation with a few words, we can highlight their major differences from other Asian ladies. Unlike their neighbors, Korean girls are:
- Emotional. In contrast to the calm and collected Japanese, South Koreans are open with their emotions, both positive and negative, in public and in private.
- Always in a hurry. Their thirst for life drives Koreans to push the driving speed limits, crave expedited delivery, and set impossible deadlines.
- Driven. South Korean society has clawed its way to economic success by putting increasing demands on everyone, and Korean women are no exception, as they thrive and succeed under pressure.
- Fun-loving. Emulating New York, big Korean cities never sleep, as even after long hours spent at work, South Koreans go out to have fun with their friends and family.
- Addicted to technology. Considering the number of tech companies in South Korea, it’s no wonder most citizens cannot imagine their lives without smartphones, Wi-Fi, and a plethora of wearable gadgets.
❗ If you prefer a sedate and unhurried lifestyle, a Korean wife may not be the best option for you. In contrast, if you’re always on the move and ready to take on new challenges and adventures, a Korean bride may be exactly what you’ve been looking for. When you’re ready to meet the perfect Korean girl, check out our favorites in the catalog below.
Where & how to meet a Korean woman for marriage?
Nearly 11% of Koreans2 (over 5 million) use online dating apps and sites to find partners, and considering the nation’s love of technology, the number is likely to keep growing. Therefore, finding a Korean wife is very likely, especially if you follow a straightforward strategy such as this one:
- Pick a dating site. Sign up for two or three dating sites with good reviews and look around to decide which one fits your relationship goals best. To speed up the process, you may peak one of the sites from the list above.
- Create a dating profile. Start with an attractive shot as your profile photo, add a few extra candid pictures, fill out the standard fields, and add personal touches to your bio.
- Search for matches. Explore different discovery methods, from basic search filters to swiping and smart suggestions, to decide which approach produces the most compatible suggestions.
- Test the waters. If any free communication tools are available, use them to your advantage to reach out and gauge potential interest before committing to a credit package or subscription.
- Start a relationship. Use the full array of communication capabilities to flirt, arrange virtual dates, exchange gifts, and build a relationship online while you get ready to meet in person.
It looks easy on paper, but there are many considerations to account for when using dating sites and apps. At the very least, you should be aware of potential advantages and disadvantages.
- Dating sites help narrow the dating pool by age, country, and other parameters important to you.
- You can chat and flirt with several hot Korean women simultaneously with ease.
- It’s easy to fit online dating into a busy schedule, especially in the early days.
- It can be difficult to gauge real looks via photos alone if a Korean girl refuses to video chat.
- Real-time communication is tricky on a 13-hour time difference.
- You need to be extra careful to avoid suspicious profiles and fraudsters preying on dating site users.
Online dating is by no means the universal answer to all your dating struggles, but it does make the early stages of finding a Korean girlfriend much easier. You’ll get immediate access to thousands of single Korean brides eager to meet Americans, and with that kind of motivation, even long-distance relationships become manageable.
Korean women in the US
There are around 2 million3 Koreans and people of Korean descent in the US, which translates into decent chances of meeting Korean brides within your reach. Here are the places and events most likely to produce the acquaintances you seek:
- Los Angeles, New York, and Washington. All have Koreatowns and significant Korean diasporas, so you should have no trouble meeting single Korean ladies in small shops, diners, or markets.
- Korean festivals and K-pop concerts. Look up the upcoming events in your vicinity, and you’ll probably find plenty of opportunities to indulge in Korean food, shopping, and music, all of which can be shared with your new acquaintances.
- Korean Cultural Centers. They are present in many big cities across the US, and they host cultural exchange events and run programs that are open to everyone interested in the Korean language and culture.
Although this approach seems most natural and accessible, it comes with a few significant drawbacks, too.
- Ethnic neighborhoods in big cities provide plenty of opportunities to meet Korean women.
- Time differences, cultural misunderstandings, and language barriers won’t be a problem.
- Dating locally will save you money on dating site fees and plane tickets.
- You’ll face stiff competition when looking for dates with single Korean girls locally.
- It may be hard to gauge girls’ relationship expectations even when you meet IRL.
- It’s easy to confuse Korean women with other Asian girls, which will offend them.
If you manage to successfully navigate first dates and relationship negotiation, dating a local Korean woman in the US can be a rewarding experience, even though it requires tact and perseverance, as well as patience.
Traveling to Korea
If you can afford it, traveling to South Korea can be quite an experience and a great chance to meet single South Korean brides in their homeland before bringing them to the US. But as with the two methods we’ve discussed before, there are as many drawbacks as there are advantages.
- Each day spent in Korea can produce dozens of new acquaintances if you’re active enough.
- South Korean nightlife is perfect for making fast friends and setting first dates.
- You can truly appreciate Korean drive and pace in their natural environment.
- Short trips are more conducive to one-night stands than serious relationships.
- It’s hard to tell if a Korean girl only likes you because you’re American.
- You’ll need a big budget if you want to stay in South Korea for more than a week.
A trip to South Korea should definitely be on your bucket list, but it’s not necessarily the most efficient way of meeting eligible Korean ladies. Instead, we suggest you use it to enhance your online dating experience. Traveling to meet one or two select Korean mail order wives after you’ve already gotten to know them is much more likely to produce solid results, especially when it comes to long-term relationships.
How much does it cost to get a Korean mail order bride?
You cannot order a Korean girl off Amazon with next-day delivery, so there’s no way to tell the exact cost. However, we can extrapolate potential spending based on our experience with online dating and the major spending categories our research highlighted:
- Dating sites’ expenses: From $100 per month
- One week travel (tickets + hotel): Around $1,0004 for plane tickets and $8005 for accommodations
- Visa and documents: Around $2,3006 for a K-1 visa, adjustment of status, and medical exam fees
- Wedding: Between $1157 for a marriage license and $15,0008 for a wedding reception
- Total: From $4,300 to $19,300
If you discount the cost of the wedding ceremony and reception, dating Korean brides online is quite cost-efficient and even more affordable than going out on dates in the US. But ultimately, only you control the expenses, and smart decisions on your part can increase or lower our estimates significantly.
What makes Korean girls look for husbands abroad?
Unlike women from developing countries, Korean brides rarely seek financial support. Their motivation to date and marry foreigners stems from the country’s unique history and culture. For most Korean mail order brides, one or more of the following reasons may be the driving factor for using international dating sites:
- Utter lack of privacy. Thanks to a population of around 52 million people packed on a tiny peninsula, Koreans are used to tight quarters, though that’s not everyone’s dream, especially if they want a big family.
- Extreme puritanism. Unlike the sexualized Japanese entertainment industry, Korean culture and show business are quite prudish as a reflection of societal views on extramarital relationships. Adventurous Korean women may strive for a more open-minded and tolerant society.
- Parental pressure. The nationwide urge to succeed in the face of adversity translates into excessive demands parents force on their children, from overpaying for English daycare to arranging blind dates with eligible potential partners.
- Search for happiness. As a result of the highly competitive and stressful environment, Korean children and adults rate surprisingly low on national happiness ratings, so marriage to a foreigner can be an attempt to find contentment abroad.
This list isn’t universally applicable, and there are bound to be exceptions. Luckily, it’s usually easy to learn more about Korean ladies using dating sites’ communication tools.
Ongoing aggression across the border with North Korea continues to shape South Korean society and affect Korean women. Their passion and drive often lead to impossible expectations and untenable pressure, which are impossible to avoid while staying in Korea. That’s one of the reasons why Korean brides frequent online dating sites in search of international romance and a chance to marry foreigners, leaving local idiosyncrasies behind.
Hopefully, our analysis gives you enough insight into the mysterious Korean culture and provides the confidence boost for finally creating a dating profile and looking for your perfect Korean mail order bride.
- Nonimmigrant Visas Issued ↩︎
- Online Dating – South Korea ↩︎
- Koreans in the U.S. Fact Sheet ↩︎
- Cheap Flights from United States to South Korea | Skyscanner ↩︎
- Accommodation Budget in South Korea ↩︎
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fianc(é)e (K-1) ↩︎
- Marriage License Fees by State ↩︎
- The Wedding Price Index ↩︎
You can legally date and marry a woman from South Korea. International relationships and marriage are legal in both countries, so it’s up to you to decide where you want to hold a ceremony.
You can find real Korean brides online if you choose reputable dating platforms and follow the basic security rules for avoiding gold diggers and scammers.
The success of international long-distance relationships hinges on your communication skills and willingness to compromise. As long as you fit together and are ready to make concessions, your relationship with a Korean mail order bride can be successful.
Most Korean women in big cities have moderate to high English proficiency, so while they may not get your puns or references, you should be able to hold conversations without translation software. And their comprehension will only improve the more you chat.