Find Your Future Wife from Philippines
Filipino mail order brides are the most popular among Americans. No other Asian, European, or Latin American country comes close, judging by the number of K-1 fiance visas issued. For example, over 6,000 Filipinas1 entered the US using such visas in 2022, while Mexican and Colombian brides rounded up the top 3 with numbers around 1,500 each.
So, what makes Filipino ladies so popular among American men? And how do you find a Filipino bride of your own when you decide to spice your life with a bit of exotic flavor? Find answers to these and other questions in our overview.
|Top cities with Filipino brides||Manila, Cebu, Tacloban, Angeles|
|Average cost of a Filipino bride||From $4,000|
|Median brides’ age||22.1 y.o.|
|Best Filipino mail order bride service|
|Best Filipino dating site|
What are Filipino women like, or why should you take a Filipino woman for a wife?
Generalizations can never do the Filipino mail order wives justice, as each one is unique in her own right. Still, our research highlighted a few national character traits2 that seem prevalent in Filipino culture. According to our findings, most Filipino girls are:
- Conservative. Considering around 80% of Filipinos are Catholics, it’s no surprise the Catholic Church strongly influences the population, social norms, and behavior.
- Respectful. The Philippines has a strong social hierarchy, and the elderly and people of higher standing are treated with utmost respect and reverence.
- Accepting. Filipino women are especially warm and accepting of differences and welcoming to new experiences and cultures.
- Hard-working. Around 16 million Filipino women participate in the workforce, and one in four of them work overtime, which is a testament to their drive and resilience.
- Fun-loving. Despite the prevalent influence of the Catholic Church, Filipino girls love good food, small tokens of affection, and going on dates, so their sense of adventure prevails.
❗ Philippine brides make great lifelong partners for conservative Americans who believe in traditional gender roles and want to build strong nuclear families with a hint of an exotic flavor. And our catalog is the best starting point for your search for a Filipino mail order bride.
Where & how to meet a Filipino woman for marriage?
In light of the pandemic, around 42% of Filipinos3 started using dating apps to look for partners. Therefore, your chances of finding a Filipina bride online are pretty high. Besides, the process is pretty straightforward if you follow a few steps:
- Pick a dating site. Test a couple of promising platforms with a free registration to decide on the perfect one, or choose one of the list above.
- Build your dating persona. Focus on getting attention through eye-catching photos and original taglines.
- Scan Filipino brides’ profiles. Go through the whole catalog or use filters and matching tools to find potential partners.
- Gauge their interest. Test the waters using free features, such as likes or winks, to see if your interest is mutual.
- Start chatting. Flirt and exchange photos and videos to keep your relationship going until you can meet IRL.
Filipino dating sites have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, and knowing them will help you set realistic expectations and avoid disappointment.
- It’s easy to build dating one or more Filipino ladies into your busy life
- You can meet thousands of Filipino brides looking for serious relationships
- Online dating is the cheapest option compared to local dates and international travel
- The 12-hour time difference can make video calls and live chat difficult to schedule
- Video calls may be costly or unavailable on some dating platforms
- You should look out for fake photos, fishy profiles, and outright scams, even on reputable dating sites
Overall, while online dating isn’t without flaws, it’s still one of the easiest and fastest ways to get to know many Filipino brides and find your perfect match among them. Just remember to take your time and be extra careful with the first step of your online dating journey of choosing a trustworthy platform like the ones on our shortlist.
Filipino women in the US
There are nearly 2 million4 Filipinos living in the US, as they make up the fourth largest ethnic group, following Mexicans, Indians, and Chinese. They are more likely to know English well and possess college degrees, medical insurance, and stable income. So, there’s a good chance you can find Filipino brides in your neighborhood. Here are a few ideas where a chance meeting is more likely:
- California or Hawaii. Half of all US Filipinos live in these two states, with the biggest ethnic neighborhoods in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, and Honolulu. On the East Coast, the New York metropolitan area is another likely Filipino dating destination.
- Filipino festivals. They take place throughout the year across the whole country. The most notable events include the FilAm Festival, Fiesta in America, Pistahan Festival, Pagdiriwang Festival, and others.
- Cultural centers, galleries, museums, etc. FilAm Arts in Los Angeles, Filipino American Museum, and Little Manila Rising in Stockton are merely a few examples of the places and projects you can check out to learn more about Filipino culture and get to know Filipino ladies in the US.
Before you go looking for Filipino restaurants and sign up for language classes, consider the pros and cons of this approach to avoid common pitfalls of dating Filipino Americans.
- You’ll have no issues with the 12-hour time difference and English proficiency
- You won’t fall prey to fake photos and online scammers
- Your relationship with a Filipino bride can progress faster than online dating
- Assessing the girls’ marital status and mutual interest tends to be challenging
- Some Filipino women may prefer dating their peers instead of Americans
- Smaller towns may not possess a Filipino population large enough to produce a match
In essence, dating a Filipino-American girl in the US isn’t much different from dating a local lady. And it can be pretty challenging if you live in a smaller city without a significant Filipino presence. In this case, you can leverage dating apps to find suitable partners nearby before switching to real-life dates.
Traveling to the Philippines
The Philippines is a prime tropical vacation destination and a great place to find love, and you can kill two birds with one stone if you visit the islands for a week or two. As long as you realize all the benefits and drawbacks of this approach, you won’t be disappointed.
- You can meet dozens of young Filipino brides in any big city
- You don’t have to worry about fake pics, language barrier, or time difference
- Face-to-face dates will help you decide if the girl is right for you
- Filipina women may not treat relationships with tourists seriously
- Instantaneous immersion into the Filipino culture tends to be quite overwhelming
- Social norms will prevent your relationships from going as fast as you want them to
Visiting the Philippines is an invaluable experience but an unlikely avenue for meeting Philippine women ready to marry foreigners. Moreover, you will probably need much more time than a week or two of your vacation to find a suitable Filipino girl and start a relationship.
Instead, you could make a trip to the Philippines a part of your online dating journey. After all, if you have a few likely candidates in mind and know them well enough, your face-to-face dates will go much smoother, and the likelihood of forming a strong bond quickly will increase significantly.
How much does it cost to get a Filipino mail order bride?
We cannot put a price tag on Filipino ladies, but we can try to estimate the necessary budget based on our research into major spending categories, such as:
- Dating sites’ expenses: From $100 per month
- One week travel (tickets + hotel): Up to $1,0005 for roundtrip airfare and $4556 for accommodations
- Visa and documents: Around $2,3007 for medical exam, K-1 visa, and adjustment of status charges
- Wedding: From $1158 for a marriage license to $15,0009 for a reception and ceremony
- Total: From $4,000 to $49,000
As you see, the cost of marrying Filipino women isn’t as outrageous as feared. In fact, if you’re smart about your spending choices, it can be even more affordable than going out with local women.
What makes Filipino girls looking for husbands abroad?
The power of the Catholic Church is still prevalent in the Philippines, which significantly limits women’s rights and opportunities and leaves them vulnerable to harm. Here are just a few things that can drive Filipino ladies to seek international marriage:
- Child marriage has been the norm for a long time. One in six Filipino girls got married before reaching the age of 18 before the country abolished10 the practice in 2022 to lower the risks of violence against children.
- Domestic violence is common in the Philippines. One in four11 Filipino women experience some form of violence from their partners, and the government and laws do little to turn the tide.
- Local laws are discriminating against women. For instance, women can get up to six years in prison if they are caught cheating12 on their husbands, while men can only be accused of concubinage and get a maximum 4-year sentence.
- Divorce is illegal in the Philippines. At best, women can get a court-mandated annulment, but the process is lengthy and costly, trapping many Filipino wives in unhappy marriages for years.
Of course, these gruesome considerations do not apply to all Filipino mail order brides, as some are doubtlessly looking for better education and career prospects, happy married life, romance, or adventure. As you learn more about your potential matches, you’ll doubtlessly discover their personal motivations for seeking international relationships and marriage.
Filipino brides make perfect traditional wives, caring, respectful, and loyal, which makes them so different from many American women. Besides, you don’t necessarily need to book an exotic vacation to find your match, as there’s a chance to find a Filipino girl in the neighborhood or on online dating sites. The latter option is especially handy if you have a busy schedule and don’t want to waste time on dates that don’t lead anywhere. Hopefully, our insights and tips will help you file your perfect Philippines girl for marriage quickly and effortlessly.
- Nonimmigrant Visas Issued ↩︎
- Filipino Culture ↩︎
- Distance dating ↩︎
- Filipino Immigrants in the United States ↩︎
- Cheap Flights from United States to Philippines | Skyscanner ↩︎
- Accommodation Budget in Philippines ↩︎
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fianc(é)e (K-1) ↩︎
- Marriage License Fees by State ↩︎
- The Wedding Price Index ↩︎
- Prohibition of Child Marriage Law ↩︎
- Violence Against Women ↩︎
- Adultery and Concubinage ↩︎
Yes, Filipino mail order brides are legal in the US. However, the Philippines has an Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act that prohibits businesses from facilitating international marriages. At the same time, there is no law against marrying foreigners.
There are thousands of real Filipino girls online eager for romance, flirting, and serious relationships. As long as you follow basic online safety rules, you should be able to recognize fakes from a mile away.
Financial stability is important for many Filipino brides, especially those of lower socio-economic standing. At the same time, Filipino girls are looking for safer domestic environments and equal rights when it comes to marriage.
Filipinos have high English proficiency, being the second most proficient nation in Asia, right behind Singapore. Thanks to their firm grasp of the language, you should have no trouble with live chat, video, and audio calls.