Find Your Future Wife from China
Every fifth newlywed couple in the US includes people of different ethnicities1, and Asian women are increasingly popular choices among American men. They seek US-born and immigrant Chinese brides, as proven by nearly 400 K-1 fiance visas2 issued to Chinese ladies in 2022. So, if you’re curious to learn more about what makes them special and how to find a Chinese wife, this post is for you.
|Top cities with Chinese brides||Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Wuhan|
|Average cost of a Chinese bride||From $4,100|
|Median brides’ age||28 years old|
|Best Chinese mail order bride service|
|Best Chinese dating site|
What are Chinese women like?
Like most Asian brides, Chinese women seem exotic and mysterious to Americans, mostly due to cultural and social differences. To decide if a Chinese wife is the right choice for you, consider Chinese national character traits3, such as:
- Practicality. Chinese wives are quite materialistic, frugal, and thrifty, which makes them perfect partners for weathering the hard times together.
- Courtesy. As Chinese society is highly traditional, politeness is a common requirement, though the norms of socially appropriate behavior are slightly different from American ones.
- Unity. Unlike American individualistic society, the Chinese population is built on strong social and family ties that play an important role in people’s lives, even after they leave their homeland.
- Dedication. Since China became a global factory, we’ve learned just how hard-working and dedicated the Chinese can be, and they bring the same attitude to any environment.
- Independence. Despite the traditional gender roles, Chinese ladies are becoming significantly more outgoing and independent, bridging the barriers between the Western and Eastern civilizations.
❗ Chinese girls may not be everyone’s perfect brides, but if you want a strong, loyal, and reliable partner by your side with a hint of exotic beauty, finding a Chinese girl to date and marry can be perfect for you.
And you can take the first step to your happily ever after by getting to know gorgeous Chinese mail order brides from our catalog below.
Where & how to meet a Chinese woman for marriage?
- Test dating sites to find the right one for you. Registration is usually free, and you can test premium features with welcome bonuses to see if the website has potential.
- Set up an attention-grabbing dating profile. Start with a good photo and add personal details to help your account stand out from the crowd.
- Search for suitable Chinese brides. Search filters will help narrow the dating pool, while swiping features make the search more exciting.
- Reach out to potential matches. Add their profiles to favorites and test free features, such as likes or winks.
- Build a relationship with your Chinese bride. Use the full array of communication tools to your advantage until you’re ready to meet in person.
To decide if international online dating is the right choice, consider its advantages and drawbacks.
- The dating pool includes thousands of single Chinese ladies eager for serious relationships.
- Online dating is much cheaper than traveling to China to meet Chinese brides.
- Translation software can help bridge the language barrier early on.
- There’s always a risk of stumbling across scammers, even on reputable dating sites.
- Live chat and video calls can be hard to schedule due to a 12-hour time difference.
- Advanced features, like video chat, tend to be pretty costly.
Online dating has been on the rise globally since the pandemic, and the number isn’t going down anytime soon. So, your chances of finding a Chinese bride will only increase if you create a profile (or several) on reputable dating sites.
Chinese women in the US
- New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles (and metropolitan areas). Brooklyn and Queens, in particular, are teeming with Chinese women, so check out local bars, restaurants, and diners.
- Chinese New Year celebrations. Check out the exact date for each year and head for a local Chinatown to watch a parade and fireworks or participate in other festivities6.
- Chinese culture centers in big cities. They usually host cultural events, as well as language classes, where you can meet your future Chinese bride and get a better understanding of her behavior and traditions.
Just like online dating, flirting with US-based Chinese women comes with its fair share of ups and downs.
- IRL relationships can move along much faster than online dating.
- Meeting in person removes the risks of falling prey to photoshopped photos and filters.
- Dating locally is much cheaper than traveling to China to meet single girls.
- Most Chinese girls may be weirded out by strange men trying to flirt with them at random.
- It can be hard to gauge the girls’ relationship expectations when you first meet.
- Asking them out in IRL is just as nerve-wracking as flirting with American women.
You can definitely meet a single Chinese woman to date in the US, but it’ll take time and patience, and there’s no guarantee she’ll be interested in something long-term with you.
Traveling to China
If you want to explore the intricacies of the Chinese dating culture and encounter single Chinese ladies in their natural environment, international travel should be on your agenda. But before you switch to travel planning mode, consider the pros and cons of this decision.
- Huge Chinese cities host millions of single girls.
- You can combine an exotic vacation with a dating adventure.
- Meeting in person helps gauge language barrier, compatibility, and relationship potential quickly.
- International travel is quite costly and time-consuming.
- Full submersion into Chinese culture can be daunting.
- One week’s stay may not produce any compatible Chinese brides.
This approach can work for people who travel to China a lot on business or have an option to work remotely. Without careful preparation and planning, your trip may not produce the results you expect and end in disappointment.
Meeting potential partners in restaurants and bars has become quite rare, and using your precious vacation time in hopes of finding love across the globe is not the wisest option either. So, while meeting potential Chinese brides locally or in China is still an option, online dating can help improve your chances of making meaningful connections.
How much does it cost to get a Chinese mail order bride?
There’s no way to predict the exact cost of dating and marrying Chinese brides, as there are too many variables. But we can share a rough estimate based on our research into common spending categories, such as:
- Dating sites’ expenses: Up to $200 per month, depending on your choice of dating site
- One week travel (tickets + hotel): Around $1,0007 for two-way airfare and $5558 for accommodations
- Visa and documents: Around $2,3009 for a K-1 visa, adjustment of status, and medical exam fees
- Wedding: Between $15,000 and $45,00010 for an elaborate ceremony or up to $11511 for a marriage license
- Total: From $4,100 to $49,000
If you discount the cost of a wedding ceremony, dating Chinese women isn’t as outrageously expensive as many believe. And if you’re smart about your dating site and travel decisions, you can lower the cost below even our most conservative estimate.
What makes Chinese girls look for husbands abroad?
There are hundreds of thousands of Asian ladies frequenting international dating websites looking for flirting, romance, and long-term relationships with foreigners. And while there’s no way for us to summarize their motivations in a few sentences, we can highlight a few common trends, such as:
- Chinese men don’t make good husbands. Despite missing 30 million Chinese women, Chinese men aren’t good at dating (to the point of needing dating schools12), and they prefer marrying ladies from poor neighboring countries to avoid the high expectations of local girls.
- Chinese men are often abusive. The problem of domestic violence against young women has become so pressing that the government is considering making relationship classes mandatory13 across Chinese universities.
- Galloping unemployment takes over China. One in five14 young Chinese citizens is unemployed, and the trend doesn’t seem to be improving, considering the government suspended unemployment reporting, so marrying abroad can open new career opportunities for Chinese brides.
- Communist authority is absolute in China. The government is steadily reducing the citizens’ freedoms to the point of turning the country into a digital tyranny, which doesn’t sit right with many Chinese women.
- Gender equality is still far from great in China. Although local women work as much as men, they are also expected to take care of household chores and child-rearing while having little to no influence on family decisions.
Ultimately, most Chinese girls are looking for a better life for themselves, though it can take on different forms, like better employment opportunities or a safer and more equal domestic environment. You can always learn more about Chinese brides’ reasoning as you get to know them better.
Chinese women aren’t only exotic and beautiful but also hard-working, practical, and dedicated. Thousands of them seek better partners than what the local dating scene can offer, and international dating sites and apps give them the opportunity to connect with American men. And while there’s always a chance of meeting single Chinese ladies in your neighborhood or on your trip to China, online dating seems like the most efficient and low-effort way to make the first move.
- Trends and patterns in intermarriage | Pewresearch ↩︎
- Nonimmigrant Visas Issued ↩︎
- Chinese Culture ↩︎
- Number of monthly active users of online dating and matchmaking mobile apps in China ↩︎
- Key facts about Asian Americans ↩︎
- A Quick Guide to Four Chinese Festivals ↩︎
- Cheap Flights from United States to China | Skyscanner ↩︎
- Accommodations in China ↩︎
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fianc(é)e (K-1) ↩︎
- The Wedding Price Index ↩︎
- Marriage License Fees by State ↩︎
- A dating school for China’s many men ↩︎
- Mandatory relationship courses ↩︎
- China suspends youth unemployment data after record high ↩︎
Chinese mail order brides are legal. International dating and marriage are allowed in the US and China, so as long as you follow local regulations, you can safely get married in an American or Chinese wedding ceremony.
You can find a real Chinese mail order wife online if you choose a respectable dating site and learn to recognize the signs of fake profiles. There are plenty of success stories online to prove international romance is possible.
Chinese girls are pretty practical and somewhat materialistic, but they are not gold diggers, despite the common misconception. They love gifts and other tokens of affection, but they are also more than willing to contribute to the family income.
Most Chinese girls know at least a bit of English, though their proficiency is relatively low on average. Still, Chinese mail order brides are more motivated to learn the language, and translation software can help overcome the language barrier at the early stages of your relationship.